01/13/2006

Tony who?

He is Not the next McClaren

cant flat stack.

I am the next Brian McClaren

can flat stack.

Heres why: First I teach others the importance of skipping Sunday. Unless inspired to do so.This includes scripture reading, praying, and fasting. Sometimes life throws us things we cant handle, and during these times those items listed above may not have any answers.

Third I continue to believe that what you can do in the morning can wait till the evening.See my boys Ronnie and Mitchell. Zach. Ryan. Rex. Joey. Kyle. While im asleep Tony is taking a Bath reading his newest theology book.

Fourth. I teach others the value of each other. They need not the masses for answers, just themselves. We only need to trust ourselves and those closest to us. Meaning that a small community is not a bad thing.

Fifth I continue to teach that schedules are only for the generations were leaving behind(insert boomers here ie Tony Jones). We don't need a palm (pilot) to act as our guiding god, we only need whats inside, our heart or what ever might compell one. Its the heart that matters most. (adam duritz)

Sixth I continue to teach the value of the "heart" . God created it, God inspires. It is too be valued as much as scripture its self , along with art, culture, and others. Emerging souls need this element without it they will be forever stuck in Modern land.

Seventh I continue to promote the value of grace. Without knowing the true nature of our depravity , one can never hope to be free or learn to love one-another. It opens the door in other words. Im not there, and will never be. Grace shows us that life has gray areas, and we can lern from it, or stick our finger out at it. Its they Gray that haunt me on a daily basis.

Tony come back to me when you find the orange flags.

Comments

How about "looking back helps us to look forward"? I see it in Tony, I see it in Brian (though I don't know alot of pomo writers) It is probably one of fav. things about what I read in these two men's writings.

I want to constantly try to keep my blinders off...something that seems unfortunate about most generations is the thought "my gen is the best one, the most enlightened" etc. When there is so much truth and wisdom in every age...every time in history...which I guess is also why I like to study history, it is the 'bigger story' of humanity, and reminds me that yes, I have a part in that story, but eveyone elses story is still in effect.

Posted by: faith | 01/13/2006

such a genius post - viva J NICE as the next mcclaren, no the next martin luther!

Posted by: MOL Junior | 01/13/2006

"Back in college I challenged my teachers, to think outside the box. If they taught propaganda they paid for it. Teach so that others may become one, not you. .My friends dont get a free pass on this either. Life is hard, Im wrong sometimes, your wrong sometimes. Lets Join or make a cumminity to keep us up on our feet."

This explains why you didn't learn nuthin in colage. It also explains your horrible grammar and syntax - you were too busy trying to challenge authority to learn anything!

"schedules are only for the generations were leaving behind(insert boomers here ie Tony Jones). . . . we only need whats inside, our heart or what ever might compell one. Its the heart that matters most. . . . I continue to teach the value of the "heart" . God created it, God inspires. . . . Emerging souls need this element without it they will be forever stuck in Modern land."

That diatribe is so hyper-modern/enlightenment/individualistic that, if I didn't know you better, I would think it was a poor attempt at sarcasm.

Posted by: papa caesar | 01/13/2006

eight, jnice is the next mclaren because he speaks out about things for which he knows very little (who needs research?), does not spell check (who needs the modernland-ish spell check), and believes he is the only one with good ideas (trust no one!).

Posted by: suburban jesus | 01/14/2006

wheels off jnise. i like it.

Posted by: j-lay | 01/15/2006

j'nice - does your wife know that you're on crack?

Posted by: shannon | 01/17/2006

"Sixth I continue to teach the value of the "heart" . God created it, God inspires. It is too be valued as much as scripture its self , along with art, culture, and others."

Hey J, came across your site while looking for a copy of the cover of Ragamuffin Gospel (the version that I have, I'm too lazy to scan it).

It seems to me that you've elevated the heart to the same level as scripture. Yet scripture says "The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?" (Jer 17:9).

It seems to me that our heart is valuable, but we need the word of God to guide our hearts, and that we need to place scripture a little higher than the heart and art and culture and all that stuff.

Just a thought...